Monday, October 24, 2011

Thankfulness Project Monday

Grace isn't a little prayer you chant before receiving a meal.  It's a way to live.  
~Attributed to Jacqueline Winspear

I'll be honest right now. Things are not going well in my extended family. While I have hope that at some point things will stabilize, right now I feel like everything is falling apart. I don't necessarily want to be thankful. However, I know that the practice of thankfulness is healthy both physically and mentally, and so I will choose to plow ahead, though my heart is heavy.

Here are a few things I'm thankful for at the moment:


  • The practice of thankfulness: I'm glad I have this weekly "holiday" on my blog to force myself to continue this practice throughout the week. I know there are benefits, and I believe with all my heart that we should be living a life of gratitude, not just a few days a year. I'm thankful this is part of my regular posting schedule, and I'm thankful I'm doing it when I don't feel like doing it. 
  • Delicious new recipes I've made: Did you check out this recipe? Oh my- it's delicious! I've also made 3 different very fall tasting dishes this weekend, which I will be sharing soon. I love fall, and I love embracing it to the fullest!
  • Organization: I love when things are clean and organized. The more out of control life around me seems, the more overwhelmed I get by a messy and unorganized apartment. It's clean, sparkling, and under control right now, and I'm happy about that!
  • Wellness: I know- I've taken a few weeks off my "wellness wednesday" posts due to my series on OCD. However, focusing on wellness in my own life has helped to keep me balanced and healthy despite things being very difficult. When we hit hard situations, it's easy to start giving up some of our healthy behaviors, which adds a lack of health to an unhealthy situation. I've been able to stay fairly balanced, although it hasn't been easy to do so!
  • Beautiful Fall Foliage: From running, walking, and driving to work to sitting in my living room, I'm loving all the beautiful changing leaves and brilliant colors! I wish the colors lasted a bit longer, but I have some beautiful pictures to look at. 
See? Beautiful colors:)

That's a few of the things that I'm thankful for in the midst of this crazy week.

Now it's your turn!
What are you feeling thankful for today? 
Is it hard for you to notice positive things in life when life seems to be falling apart in some way?
What's your favorite fall recipe to make?

No comments:

Post a Comment