Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pumpkin Coffee

I know I've mentioned this multiple times on this blog, but I really love almost all things fall. I try to make foods I currently am consuming into something that falls under the "fall" category, and my coffee is no exception. While I love Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte, there's no way that I will be shelling out money for it on a daily basis. I decided to make a little variation of this at home.

Mix for the perfect pumpkin flavored coffee!

I put pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon into my coffee grounds and brewed as usual. The hint of fall that this mix produced was delightful, and the perfect start to any fall morning! I just bought some nutmeg, and I'm planning to try a bit in it at some point this week.

A variation: take a small spoonful of pumpkin from the can and stir in to hot coffee. This of course made it taste much stronger of coffee, but it mixed in easily and tasted great! I wouldn't choose to do this on a daily basis, but it added something fun and extra. 

Either way, pumpkin coffee is the perfect start to any beautiful fall morning:)

Here's a recap of my posts from the last week. Make sure to check them out if you missed any of them!

** While both these posts are tailored specifically towards supporting someone who struggles with OCD, these posts included many suggestions that are helpful for any mental illness or issue in life. Check it out, educate yourself, and brainstorm steps you can take to support those in your life who struggle with various forms of mental illness! 

Now it's your turn:
Do you have any fun ways to tailor coffee to the season or holiday? 

No comments:

Post a Comment