Monday, October 3, 2011

Thankfulness Project Monday

"Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.” — William Arthur Ward

Most days in life aren't really exciting and great or really boring and bad. Most of our life tends to be made of average days. This is why the quote above stood out to me. The regular practice of thankfulness and gratitude can transform a life from ordinary to extraordinary.

That being said, here are a few of the things I'm thankful for this week:

  • October: I love fall, and october is full of all sorts of fun fall activities and foods! Give me some pumpkin, apple, cider, cinnamon, and spice (although not all together) and I'm a happy person!
  • A weekend with family: I got the chance to see a few family members this past Saturday, and we had a great time together. 
  • Movie nights with friends: relaxation, laughter, food, fun, and friends all mixed together, and I'm definitely game for it! Every week I have a "movie night date" with some friends and enjoy the time we spend together (and having something to look forward to throughout the week). 
  • Greek Food: For those of you who've been reading for awhile, you know that I LOVE Greek food. I made it for the first time in a few weeks, and every bite of it was delicious and savory. 
  • A great run this week: This week I had a really wonderful run in this perfect fall weather that we've been having. I love the feeling of a good run, and knowing that I've accomplished something out on the road. 
Now it's your turn:
What're you thankful for today? 

1 comment:

  1. I loved this post. I just wanted to thank you for reminding me that I too can count my blessings. I have also blogged about it on www.yitty.blogspot.com
    take care
    Laura

    ReplyDelete