Monday, October 17, 2011

Thankfulness Project Monday

"The breath of Autumn is a whisper to the soul" -Dove Chocolate

Last week I put off my traditional Thankfulness Monday post due to the start of OCD Awareness Week. While I will pick up on these posts starting tomorrow, I felt like it was important to refocus on gratitude this week. 
Without further ado, here are a few of the things I'm thankful for right now:


  • Fall Items: I'm a huge fan of fall, and especially a big fan of foods related to the fall. I've used the type of apple pictured above in oatmeal, apple crisp, apple pie, as a side to my lunch, and with peanut butter recently. It's DELICIOUS!
  • OCD Awareness Week: I think it's important to educate ourselves on various mental disorders in order to not only increase our own individual understanding, but also to understand how we can best support those in our lives who struggle with a variety of issues. If you haven't read my posts so far, please do so (and look for a few more posts this week on the topic!).
  • Carbs: Bring on the pasta! I've eaten a crazy amount of pasta this past week, and the more I eat it, the more I crave it. In all sorts of forms, I think it's absolutely fantastic! I've even started including a little pasta in with salads. I may be slightly obsessed at the moment. 
  • Sunday Night Traditions: Every sunday night, a group of friends all gets together for dinner and movie to bring on the new week. I love the tradition, and think it's a great way to start the week out on a positive foot. 
  • A few great opportunities for work in my field: Yes, I have a job, I absolutely love my job, and I'm not planning to leave my job. I've been exploring and engaging in a bit of side work as well, and I'm enjoying what I'm getting to do. I'm grateful I get to live out my passions daily. 
Now it's your turn:
What are you feeling thankful for today? Do you have any fun weekly traditions with family or friends? What's something new you've learned about OCD?

No comments:

Post a Comment