Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday Favorites

Favorite Tiny Delight of the Week
Stretching! Do you regularly stretch? Flexibility has been shown to provide multiple health benefits, both short term and long term. A regular stretching practice can be an incredibly important part of your week! For me, not only is it a healthy behavior that I engage in, but while I stretch I choose to focus on my breath. I slow my thoughts and my breathing, and focus in on the present. This becomes a very stress reliving activity for me, but mentally and physically. 

Favorite Quote of the Week
"Courage to start and willingness to keep everlasting at it are the requisites for success." - Alonzo Newton Benn

It's easy to quit and define ourselves as a "failure" when things don't work out after one or two times of trying. This quote landed in my inbox earlier this week, and I thought I'd share today!

Favorite Post By Someone Else
Things Blogging Has Taught Me by the Lean Green Bean. I actually just started reading her blog this past week, and this is one of the first blogs that I read from her! I loved it and thought I'd pass it along to each of you. I hope you enjoy:)

Favorite Past Post
Success or Failure? - Most of us feel like a failure at some point in our lives. This post addresses the feelings of failure that we have, and suggests some steps for wrestling through our definitions of failure in life. 

Favorite Search Term
  • how does perfectionism develop
  • playing the victim
  • sense of control in life
  • don't try to live someone else's life
  • a loved one has ocd
Now it's your turn:
What are some of your favorites for the week? Do you easily define yourself or your behaviors as a "failure"? Do you regularly stretch? 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great reminder about stretching! I must add that onto my morning list.

    ReplyDelete