Monday, January 16, 2012

Thankfulness Project Monday

"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many- not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some." -Charles Dickens

The practice of gratitude doesn't make our problems magically go away, and it's certainly not a "cure all". There is something to be said, however, about regular reflection on the blessings we have, and how this practice impacts both mental and physical health. Why not give it a try?

Here are some of the things I'm feeling thankful for right now:

  • Medication: I can't imagine being born a few centuries back, with minimal medical attention or ability to treat diseases well. I'm so thankful for the advancements in the field of medicine that have been made, and I'm thankful for the ease in getting medications. All I need to do is make a call, and my medications show up in my mailbox. Win! 
  • My Foam Roller: This has been a true blessing since I started working out regularly. My IT bands get really tight, and this has been incredibly helpful. If you experience IT band tightness, or are a runner, I'd definitely suggest checking it out. It hurts so good.
  • My space heater: Like I said yesterday, the temperature with windchill has been about -4 the last few days. I've camped out in front of my space heater and have managed to stay fairly warm and comfortable. I love my space heater. LOVE IT. I also love being able to get out of the shower and not start shaking immediately because the house is cold. All I need to do is start the space heater about 10-15 minutes before my shower, and it's nice and toasty when I get out. 
  • Pinterest: I feel pretty weird about putting this on my list, but I'm going to do it anyways. This site  allows for easy access to everything from inspiration quotes to do it yourself crafts to recipes to exercise information. It's amazing. Sure, it can be a huge time waster, but with a little self discipline and limits this site can become one of your best friends. Just be a responsible pinner, ok
  • Good Books: I've read more this week then in the last few months combined. Maybe it's a combination of the cold weather and the fact that all the holiday celebrations are now over, but I definitely have more time to curl up with a good book at the end of the day. 
Now it's your turn:
What are you feeling thankful for today? Have you read any good books lately? If you have, what was it?

1 comment:

  1. Today I am thankful for my snuggie. :) I'm trying to save on my heating bills, and it lets me keep my thermostat a little lower.

    I am reading the Hunger Games series and it is fantastic!! I just started the third book, and I really just want to sit around and read all day!

    ReplyDelete