Monday, September 26, 2011

Thankfulness Project Monday

"Sometimes we need to remind ourselves that thankfulness is indeed a virtue." -- William John Bennett


Welcome back to another Thankfulness Monday, a time to help develop the practice of thankfulness and gratitude in life. There are many physical and mental benefits that come with this practice as well. 

That being said, here are a few of the things I'm thankful for this week:

  • Pumpkin Spice Lattes: I finally took the plunge into fall on Saturday and got my first pumpkin latte for the year. It tastes like fall in a cup, and I love it! I'm not a huge fan of pumpkin flavored things, but in the fall, this is acceptable. And delicious.
  • The start of the fall TV schedule: I'm loving a lot of the shows in the fall line-up, and it seems that there are some great new shows as well. I love knowing that, at the end of the day, I can watch something like Dancing With The Stars, Biggest Loser, or the Office. 
  • Delicious new recipes: I've tried a few new recipes this week, including Mediterranean Quinoa Salad. I love challenging myself in the kitchen, trying new foods, and expanding some healthy items for my kitchen. This was the first time I tried quinoa, and I loved it. 
  • Free Museum Day: This past Saturday was free museum day at participating museums across the country. I got the chance to check out some museums in my area that I wouldn't have gone to had I had to spend my own money. However, it was a great time, and I learned more about the history of the area I live. Awesome.
  • Physical Fitness: The physical domain of my wellness, especially exercise, has been notoriously low over the last few years. While I've been increasing my activity for the last year, in the last 3-4 months I've really gotten into the grove, and am finally noticing some big results! I'm thankful that I was able to endure months of slowly building up to what I can do now. 
Now it's your turn:
What are you thankful for right now? What's your favorite fall food? 

1 comment:

  1. Posted mine last night. Its been a few weeks and a very rough patch.

    Still loving summer sweetcorn here

    ReplyDelete