Blessings are oftentimes not valued till they are gone. --Thomas Fuller
I don't want to get to the end of my life, or really even the end of a month, and realize that I've let something slip by me without acknowledging it and delighting in it. Plus, of course, practicing gratitude has many health benefits as well.
That being said, here are a few of the things I'm thankful for today:
- My Mom: My post yesterday was dedicated to my mom, and just a few of the many things I appreciate about her. You can check it out if you'd like to know why!
- The Ability To Love After Loss: I posted about this earlier this week (you can read it here). The fact that I started to shut others down after my first loss makes me feel a little sad, and I'm so thankful I was able to open my heart to loving others again. I would've missed out on a lot of joy and laughter in relationships if I hadn't been able to do this.
- Spring Flowers: I'm pretty sure I said this one sometime in the last few weeks, but it's been very much true this week, so I thought I'd post it again. I've spent a few mornings and evenings this week taking pictures of them. They smell and look beautiful, and bring joy to my heart.
picture from earlier this week
- Time to Clean: I'm sure I've said this before, but since mid March I've been on the go and out of town quite a bit. When I'm home, I've been trying to get the essential things done, and haven't had the chance to really clean. This changed this weekend, as I spent most of Saturday cleaning and organizing!
- My Online Acquaintances and Friends: That's right! I'm thankful for each of you! I appreciate our conversations, and your posts. I learn and am encouraged every day from you, so thank you for that!
Ok- your turn! What are you thankful for today?