“When it comes to life the critical thing is whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude.”
I found this quote a few days ago, and flagged it for a Thankfulness Monday post. If you click the "thankfulness project" label at the end of this post, you can read more about the project, and see some of my past thankfulness posts as well!
So here are a few of the things that I am full of gratitude for this week:
- Cleaning! Ok, I know, this is probably not something that is really high on a lot of people's list of "fun things to do." But this is something that I am thankful for this week for a few different reasons. As I have mentioned in a few of my other posts, this has been a very busy spring, and I have been out of town at least half of the weekends. This makes getting every day chores difficult. I spent all Friday night and Saturday morning cleaning and organizing. I not only feel great because of this, but my place looks great:) The other reason I'm thankful for this is that many people don't have the ability, due to health and physical reasons, to be able to clean for themselves. I'm thankful I'm healthy enough to clean!
- Going On Walks: Walking is one of my favorite forms of activity and exercise. It's healthy on my joints, and it's easy to do with friends. I love the fresh air, being out in the sunshine, and seeing nature (like the picture above). Here's a picture from my 5 mile walk earlier this week.
- Having A Job As A Fellow Traveler: Like I posted about yesterday, as a counselor I get to be a fellow traveler with my clients. I feel so blessed to have the job that I do, to hear the stories I do, and to see people struggle and fight to get to a healthy place. I Love it!
- Mediterranean Cuisine: I love food from the mediterranean region! It's delicious and healthy, and brings a smile to my face every time I even catch a glimpse of it! YUM.
- My Little Lifesaver: Yes, this has made it on to my thankfulness list before, but this week, as the beautiful spring flowers are out, I've felt so thankful multiple times a day for it. It's saved a lot of sinus pressure and headaches. My life is much better in the spring because of this little guy.
What are you thankful for today?