Friday, November 11, 2011

Friday Favorites

Happy 11/11/11! What a fun date:) I'd also like to say Happy Veteran's Day. To all the people who serve our country (and their families and loved ones)- thank you so much for your service and sacrifice. It's not easy to have someone close to you in the military, and it's definitely a big sacrifice for all involved. I don't think we can say it often enough- Thank you! You ARE appreciated!

Favorite Tiny Delight of the Week

Ah, so pretty, isn't it? After halloween I went out and bought a bunch of candy corn on sale for CHEAP. I love it. It's a "pleasure" in life. Notice I didn't say guilty pleasure, because there's nothing I should feel guilty about! it's a pleasure I look forward to in moderation every year, and I've certainly been enjoying a few pieces at work every day!

Favorite Quote of the Week

Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are... Let me not
pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. One day I
shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in my pillow, or
stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than
all the world, your return.

-- Mary Jean Iron

Favorite Post By Someone Else
2011 New York City Marathon Recap by Ashley at "A Healthy, Happier Bear" - If you want any sort of motivation on a story of strength and endurance in fighting through a difficult situation, you need to check this post out! I'm so inspired by Ashley's story, and cheered along via her tweets throughout the marathon. This post is well worth your time!


Favorite Past Post
Telling Our Secrets - I wrote this past back in January using a quote from wicked. I think the message of this post is important to remember! Feel free to share "your secret" there too!


Favorite Search Terms
Now it's your turn:
What're some of your "favorites" this week? Do you have any fun plans for the weekend? Are you close to someone who has served (or is currently serving) in the military?

No comments:

Post a Comment