Monday, November 21, 2011

Thankfulness Project Monday

Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds.  
~Theodore Roosevelt

Well, here we are at Thanksgiving week! While I try to regularly practice gratitude and thankfulness in my life, for me this week becomes even more focused on this. My challenge for you this week is to not just focus on what you are thankful for, but turn that into action of some kind. Let your deeds show your gratitude!

On this Thanksgiving week, here are a few of the things that I'm thankful for:

  • A time of year to intentionally focus on gratitude: I wish that we had more than a day to focus on thanks every year, but I'm very glad that we have a holiday that is devoted to it. My hope would be that each of you chooses to take a more active stance in the practice of gratitude this coming year. This will be one of my goals this year as well. 
  • 2 for the price of 1 Holiday Drinks at Starbucks: For the weekend, Starbucks had a 2 for 1 deal that I wish they would continue all season long! I went with a friend, got a venti (I always order a tall), because splitting the cost of a venti is still cheaper then the cost of a tall alone. So, we both got venti peppermint mochas. I drank half of it last night, and saved the rest for today. Not quite as good, but still pretty amazing in my opinion. Yummmm. 
  • The excitement that comes with anticipation: I'm SO excited for both Thanksgiving and the start of the Christmas season. I love the celebrations and the time with family! I love holiday foods and the joy and laughter that holiday activities bring with it. Needless to say, despite some nervousness over some extended family issues (eek), I'm REALLY excited for Thanksgiving. 
  • Healthy Living Blogs: There are so many blogs out there that help provide the encouragement and motivation I need, are helping me increase my cooking abilities, and increasing my knowledge about various sorts of fitness. The other counselors I've "met" out there have been a great support through various weekly chats and posts, and I've gained some great ideas from them. 
  • My Ice Packs: I use my ice packs 5-6 days a week to help after any number of fitness activities I engage in throughout the week. I can usually tell when I don't have time to ice, as I'm stiff and achy the next day. I'm thankful that someone created ice in a pre-sealed "bag" to make this process easy and convenient. 
Now it's your turn:
What are you feeling thankful for today? What are you excited for this week?

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited for time with my extended family on Thanksgiving. My grandparents are getting older, and I know the times when we will all be together are going to be few and far between.

    I'm thankful for you! Your blog makes me reflective in ways I really need! I may not comment often, but you always make me think. XOXO

    ReplyDelete