Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love is...

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails...And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."
~1 Corinthians 13

This passage has always stood out to me. What if we each loved others this way? What if we could let go of our hurried, envious, boastful, proud selves and loved others? Of course we are imperfect people living in an imperfect world, which means that we can't love others perfectly. But we can take steps in our ability to love others (and ourself!) well. 

Last year's post on Valentine's day post may be a helpful read. It discusses Love as a function of wellness. You can see it here

Now it's your turn:
Is there a characteristic of love that is easy for you? What's one of the hardest things (i.e. patience, not easily angered, etc...). Do you have any plans today.

3 comments:

  1. I've always found this passage inspirational and succinct. You pose an interesting question!

    For me, it would have to be envy that I struggle most with. When things aren't going well, I can fall prey to comparing myself to others, finding myself lacking and then feeling jealous. Ick!

    Nice seeing you at #commenthour tonight! :)
    Tui

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how this is such a thought provoking post. Stopping by from #commenthour

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it is hard for me to be patient. And that is hard for me to admit but it is true. The easy part is my generosity.

    Peace,
    Morgan
    Blog Hopping from Commenthour

    ReplyDelete