Monday, February 27, 2012

Thankfulness Project Monday

"Gratefulness is the key to a happy life that we hold in our hands, because if we are not grateful, then no matter how much we have we will not be happy- because we will always want to have something else or something more." - Brother David Steindl-Rast

An interesting quote to get you all thinking this morning. So here are some of the things I'm feeling grateful for on this Monday morning.

  • The Oscars! I've been a fan of Oscar Sunday for many many years. I love the anticipation when I wake up that morning, as I begin to prep food for the little get together I host every year, when people are walking the red carpet, and during the actual show itself. It's a little thing to look forward to, but adds a bit of excitement and joy to my life. It's the little things, right?
  • My work schedule: I'm a fan of my work schedule right now. Not only do I have a full load of clients, but I have some free time to work on other things, such as researching and writing. I've found a great balance at work, and I like it!
  • Chips and salsa. Delicious. Absolutely delicious. I love sweet things in life, but I REALLY love salty things, and this does the trick. I eat a little bit of chips and salsa at least half of the days of the week. 
  • Pictures from vacations: Sometimes when it's cold, gray, or I'm having a bad day, it really lifts my spirits to go through some pictures from some of my favorite vacations, and remember the good memories from that time. 
  • Old episodes of The Office. I have most of the seasons on DVDs, and sometimes I really enjoy whipping them out and watching a few episodes. I always laugh, and they bring a smile to my face. Plus, I enjoy watching awkwardness happen, and Michael certainly is awkward!
Now it's your turn:
What are you thankful for today? Is there a TV show you like to watch when you need a good laugh? Did you watch The Oscars? What were your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment