Monday, February 6, 2012

Thankfulness Project Monday

"It is greatfulness which makes the soul great." -Abraham Joshua Heschel

There was something about this quote that really stood out to me, and I've been saving it for a couple weeks for a thankfulness posts. So, here you go:) The more I practice regular thankfulness and gratitude, the more I believe this is an important component of being a healthy individual. I continue to challenge each of you to add this to your daily or weekly habits!

That being said, here are a few things I'm feeling thankful for today:

  • Time with someone I dearly love: This past week I got to spend time with someone that I deeply care about and don't get to see very often. Time with people like this is so precious to me, and I try to live moment to moment in the days I have. 
  • Exercise: Throughout my day I look forward to pounding everything out on the treadmill, elliptical, or bike. It's time to process my day before I get home, and I'm almost always in a better mood when I'm done. I'm thankful I have access to equipment to work out in the winter months. 
  • Twitter Chats: There's numerous twitter chats for just about any subject you can think of on twitter. It's a great way to connect with people who have similar interests, and gain some knowledge or be challenged in different ways. Take some time to figure out if there are any twitter chats that might be fun for you to participate in throughout the week!
  • Almond Milk: Lactose free and full of calcium, this is quickly becoming one of my favorite drinks. I'm not a fan of drinking milk, but I actually look forward to a cup of this milk. Have you ever tried it?
  • Salsa: LOVE. If it's mango or peach, I'm gonna love it even more. I crave this almost every time I work out, and absolutely love eating it. Salsa is a constant exercise in self control for me!

Now it's your turn: 
What are you feeling thankful for today? Have you ever tried almond milk? What twitter chats do you participate in throughout the week?

No comments:

Post a Comment