Monday, December 19, 2011

Thankfulness Project Monday

"A Christmas candle is a lovely thing; It makes no noise at all. But softly gives itself away; while quite unselfish, it grows small." -Eva K. Logue


Christmas is only a few days away (and Hanukkah starts tomorrow!) , and I'm sure most of you out there are busy prepping for the holiday, traveling, or getting ready to visit family or friends. If you're feeling overwhelmed, take a few deep breaths and check out these tips. And focus on the things that you are thankful for today. Without any further ado, here are a few things I'm feeling thankful for right now:

  • Christmas Outfits: No, I don't wear Christmas sweaters, and certainly don't even own a "tacky Christmas sweater", but I do love holiday themed outfits (red, green, sparkles... you get the picture). It's been fun to see everyone dress in professional Christmasy types clothes over the last few weeks, and makes the day just a little more fun!
  • Christmas Music: Songs like Carol of The Bells or I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day definitely add some extra joy and fun to the Christmas season. I've been listening to Christmas music in the car, in my house, and have instrumental Christmas music playing quietly in the background of my sessions. It's cheery and brings warmth to the room. I love it:)
  • Reading: I don't read nearly as much as I would like to, but when I do get the chance, I really enjoy it. It's fun to learn about new people, cultures, or topics in my field, but it's also fun to lose yourself in a good story! 
  • For the ability to deal with stress appropriately: This is a bit of a different take on the things I'm thankful for, but I'm very glad that we aren't doomed to feeling out of control and I'm glad that we have the ability to control our thoughts, feelings, and behaviors. I'm thankful we have the power to choose healthy coping skills over those that are unhealthy. 
  • For clients who work hard and fight to get healthy: It's so amazing to watch people fight towards health and make changes in their life. I really feel lucky to have such an amazing job! 
Now it's your turn!
What are you feeling thankful for today? What's your favorite Christmas song? 

1 comment:

  1. I'm thankful for paid holidays (I get Monday off hooray!) and for my really adorable niece, who is two years old and is the only one in my family getting gifts. I can't wait to watch her face on Christmas!!!!
    I'm also thankful for traiditions. My dad and I get together every year and watch A Christmas Carol (George C. Scott version), the Charlie Brown Christmas special (older one), and How the Grinch Stol Christmas (cartoon verson).

    My favorite Christmas song is either Carol of the Bells or Sinatra's version of Jingle Bell Rock.

    ReplyDelete