Sunday, December 18, 2011

I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day {2011}

Last December, I published a post called "I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day". Here I am, about a year later, writing a post with pretty much the identical title. Why, you might ask? Because I LOVE THE SONG and I think it's well worth mentioning once again on this blog. Please go back to the original post and read the story behind the song. The story of Longfellow is absolutely amazing, and it's interesting to understand the mental state he was in when he penned the words to this song.


So many of us come to the holiday season feeling broken or going through a deep struggle with something or someone. Longfellow was no stranger to brokenness yet somehow, in the midst of that pain, he was able to find peace through something beautiful. I love the story, and I love the song. I love the realness of his brokenness, and I love his journey to hope and acceptance. It's moving. 

You may have missed the following posts this week:
One week until Christmas! Remember to take some time to think about some steps to take to be healthy this week. 

Now it's your turn!
What are some small goals you have to keep yourself healthy this week? 

No comments:

Post a Comment