Monday, January 30, 2012

Thankfulness Project Monday

"He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has." -Epictetus

Happy Monday! This has been a really enjoyable week, and there's quite a few things that I'm feeling thankful for today. Today for my Thankfulness Project post, I'm choosing to rejoice in the things that I have been given in life:

  • I'm thankful for puppies: They are cute, fun to play with, and incredibly cuddly. And it's hard to not smile and laugh when I'm around them! And pets are generally healthy to have around too, so that's a big plus!
  • I'm thankful for running: I can pound out some stress, have some time apart to clear my head and process the day, think about what I want to do with my clients, and get some endorphins! Plus I know I'm doing something to benefit my body for the future. 
  • I'm thankful for friends around me: There's very little I feel like I need to say about this. I'm thankful for the love, support, and laughter I get from the people in my life. 
  • I'm thankful for fresh baked bread: Give me some olive oil with pepper and/or garlic to dip it into, and I'm a very happy camper. Not only is it delicious, but it is a comfort food as well! Yummm. 
  • I'm thankful for hot showers: I try to be responsible and take as short of showers as I can. However, in the winter there's little that feels better then hot water and a steamy bathroom around you. Have you ever wondered why showers seem to be such a great place to think?
  • I'm thankful for foods covered in chocolate: Raisons, fruit, nuts- it's all delicious, and when it's dark chocolate, there are health benefits too:) 
  • I'm thankful for quotes that allow us to refocus
Now it's your turn!
What are you feeling thankful for today? Where's your favorite place to think and process the day? 

1 comment:

  1. I like to use running as a way to think as well. I'm also quite introspective in the car, especially when I'm alone.

    I'm thankful for peanut butter, running shoes and pink lady apples today.

    ReplyDelete