Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday Favorites

Favorite Tiny Delight of the Week
Blogs! Is that even ok for me to have that be a tiny delight? I vote yes, so we're going to move forward with that. I've been loving some good blogs this week! Whether they're blogs by other counselors, those struggling with a mental illness, or those who are writing healthy living blogs, I learn so much and my thinking is challenged in different areas! Thank you so much to each of you who take the time out of your day to write what you know, what you're learning, and what you're struggling through! I always look forward to opening my google reader for the evening!

Favorite Quote of the Week
"What ought one to say then as each hardship comes? I was practicing for this, I was training for this." -Epictetus

Inspiring, isn't it?

Favorite Post By Someone Else
On Behalf Of All the !0+ Minute Mile Runners - This post by the Wannabe Athlete is a great post discussing running at slower paces. I know a lot of people don't feel like a "real runner" if they aren't running 8 minute splits, and it can get discouraging! This post is for you!! 

Favorite Past Post
Life Is A Daring Adventure - This post is based around a quote that I mull over quite a bit in life. Any thoughts from you all? 

Favorite Search Term
  • Is Perfectionism black and white
  • challenge irrational beliefs
  • identity distortions
  • songs for counselors day
  • banana bread greek yogurt

Now it's your turn!
What are some of your favorites for the week? How can you practice for hardship?

No comments:

Post a Comment