Monday, August 1, 2011

Thankfulness Project Monday

Welcome to another Monday, which means a new edition of the Thankfulness Project. If you'd like some background on this weekly "holiday" on my blog, you can click here or here. Focusing on what we're thankful for in life has both physical and mental benefits, and I believe that this is an important component of choosing to live a healthy life.

Here are a few of the things I'm feeling thankful for this week:


  • Safety! I just drive 560 miles by myself between Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon. Every time you travel a long distance like that, there are a number of things that could go wrong, but nothing did! And I didn't go too crazy being stuck in the car for that long either!
  • The Radio: My traveling companion! Seriously, I think that driving long distances would be incredibly boring if I didn't have the radio. Music may have been my sanity on the drive. 
  • My Family: I know this has been on my list the last few weeks, but it's true. I had a great couple of weeks visiting with them. My brother was on leave from the military, and it was a really fantastic time that we got to spend together. I know these times will be more and more scarce, as we're spread out across the country, and because of that I try to enjoy every minute I have with them! 
  • The Treadmill: While I love running outside where there are fun and pretty things to look at, it's been HOT and I'm not a fan of the mornings, so it's been pretty difficult to run outdoors. My treadmill of choice has a TV in front of it, and 2 fans built into it. OH MY this thing is amazing. I wish I had one at my house. 
  • Spinning Class: I won't have the opportunity to continue this during the fall, so I'm glad I got to take a number of spinning classes this summer! I hope to try and carry this into my own cross training throughout the fall and winter...
Alright, those are a few of the many things that I'm feeling incredibly thankful for in my life right now. 

Now it's your turn:
What are you feeling thankful for right now? Did you do anything fun this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment