Friday, August 5, 2011

Fantastic Fridays (Life's Tiny Delights)

It's Friday, which means it's time to disconnect from the stress of the week and enter into relaxation and self care time! I love writing my Life's Tiny Delights post, because it's started to force me into enjoying the tiny things in life throughout the week. But I guess that's the post of these posts anyways, so I'm happy it's working!

This has not only been a tiny delight for me this week, but throughout the entire summer: Fireflies (or lightning bugs...I use the words interchangeably!).

I wish I could somehow have a lightning bug as a pet. These little guys are seriously some of my favorite animals. I love looking out my window at night and seeing what looks like glitter falling all over the field. It's absolutely breathtaking, and I can't help but stare every time I see it. I often think how pretty it would be to have them flying all over my bedroom as I fall asleep. But let's be honest. I'd have an infestation of bugs, and who would really like that? Lightning bugs not only look beautiful, but to me they signify the magic that comes along with summer, and because of that, these little bugs instantly bring a smile to my face.

Here are a few of the search terms that lead to my blog this week:

  • Catastrophizing- how to deal with a person
  • Components of child development
  • Don't use words too big for the subject (SO important to remember this one!)
  • Mediterranean Pizza (of course)
  • Chobani yogurt (of course)
  • Perfectionism black and white thinking (we all need a reminder on this one occasionally!)
Do you have any fun plans for the weekend? Do you have lightning bugs where you live? Do you like them, or do you find them annoying?

No comments:

Post a Comment