Tuesday, November 1, 2011

OCD Awareness: {Resources}

Happy November! It's hard to believe how quickly this fall is flying by! Wasn't it just August a week ago?

Over the last 2 weeks, I've been doing a series on OCD, which I decided to do starting during OCD Awareness Week. I'm thinking that today will be my last post on this topic for awhile, although I'm sure it'll pop up on my blog from time to time!

While I've tried to provide some basic information, I wanted to leave you all with some resources for anxiety disorders, and specifically for OCD.

International OCD Foundation - This website has a lot of fantastic information, including information on different "types" of OCD, hoarding, and other related disorders.

Psychology Today's "Beyond the Doubt" Blog

Mayo Clinic: OCD - From Symptoms to Causes to Coping and Support, the Mayo Clinic provides concise information on the topic.

National Alliance of Mental Illness

Of course there is a lot of other good information out there, you just have to take some time to find the good stuff! I do also want to mention that sometimes life with OCD can feel hopeless and it may seem easier to end it all then suffer with it. If you are having suicidal thoughts, please tell someone you love and trust, call 911, or call the Suicide Prevention Line.

If you've missed the other posts in this series and want to catch up on any, here's the list:


Now it's your turn!
Did you learn anything surprising about OCD? What's one way you can support those in your life struggling with mental illness? 

No comments:

Post a Comment