Monday, November 14, 2011

Thankfulness Project Monday

"Gratitude takes three forms: a feeling in the heart, an expression in words, and a giving in return."
-John Wanamaker

This week I've been filled with all sorts of gratitude as my blog hit 1 year old and Veteran's day was this week. I originally started this weekly "holiday" on my blog because I know the physical & mental benefits of developing a practice of gratitude

Here are a few of the things I'm feeling thankful for right now:

  • Those who are currently serving (or have served) in our military. It takes a lot of courage & sacrifice for those who serve and their families & loved ones. I think I said what I had to say here
  • Pumpkin: Oh, have you missed my incessant pumpkin recipes? If you have, make sure to check them out under the "recipes" tab at the top of the blog. I'm loving adding pumpkin to so many recipes right now, and can't believe that it's taken me so many years to start liking it!
  • Flannel PJ pants: Yes, I've finally pulled mine out for the winter. It seems like every year I forget just how amazing and comfortable these are! In fact, one day this week I walked in the door from work and the first thing I did was put these on! Comfort and warmth in one:)
  • Ice Packs: This is an item I regularly use to ice my knee/foot after workouts. I'm thankful they exist so I don't have to take ice baths! brrrr. 
  • Great Co-workers: There's one co-worker who, in particular, has been incredibly encouraging and giving this week. I love my co-workers, and I'm especially thankful for this one in particular! Co-workers really can make or break a place of employment. 
Now it's your turn:
What are you feeling thankful for today? Have you pulled out your winter clothes yet? 

No comments:

Post a Comment