Monday, July 18, 2011

Thankfulness Project Monday

Thank you all for your patience as I was on vacation last week! I tried to schedule some posts ahead of time, and respond to your comments as I had time. Obviously, my main purpose was to relax, engage in self care, and enjoy time with family, and in my mind, the trip was a huge success. After a pretty bad flight home (post on that coming soon), I'm happy to be getting back to my regular schedule.

And with that, here are some of the things that I am thankful for today:


  • The Beach: I got to spend 8 glorious days sitting on the beach, watching the waves gently roll in, taking long walks in the surf, and bobbing on the ocean. Sounds amazing, right? I think it does wonders for ones mental health, and it was such a wonderful time! 
  • Vacation: We each need time to get away from the hustle and bustle of time, be by ourselves, and get some self care! That's exactly what I did this past week, and it was wonderful! 
  • Family Time! I spend the entire last week with my family, including a brother who is in the military and got 3 weeks of leave time! It's so great to be together, laughing and hanging out! I'm so thankful for them:)
  • Protein Bars: Kind of funny to go on a list like this, don't you think? But seriously, I'm so thankful for protein bars. They make traveling so much easier, both because they travel well and are easy to eat on a plane or on the beach, but because they are healthy and filling as well! 
  • Safety: Besides a minor foot cut from a shell, there were no injuries this week, either on the beach or in traveling! This is always a huge praise, and I'm thankful when everyone arrives safely home once again. 
Ok, I'm off to go collect my luggage. It didn't make it home with me last night (again...story will come soon), and get laundry done! 

Here's what I'd like to know:
What are you thankful for today? 
Would you rather take a trip with family or friends?

2 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for respecting my body enough to take a day off from everything today. I'm thankful for graham crackers & peanut butter, for phone calls from family and seltzer water.

    I think I'd prefer a vacation with friends, just because I've never really done that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea that taking a day off is a way of respecting yourself! VERY TRUE:) Vacations with friends are a lot of fun, and provide a very different set of laughs and memories.

    ReplyDelete