Friday, July 15, 2011

Fantastic Fridays (Life's Tiny Delights)

“I have always loved the beach. The smell of the salty water, the wind in my face, the gentle roar of the waves all combine to create a sense of peace and calm.”

--Anonymous



Hello from the beach! This week I've been blogging to you from the beach, which is why my posts have been a bit scarce. I'm taking my own advice and getting some time out in nature, and getting some good self-care. Needless to say, the beach, sand, waves, palm trees, and pool have been my tiny (...actually it's been pretty big) delight of the week. Developing mindfulness meant for me that I was trying to engage all my senses in the experiences, whether I was sitting in a chair, walking on the beach, standing in the surf, or  feeling the sun pound down on my shoulders. It's been fantastic! 

Since I'm writing this post a bit early to free up my schedule, I can't actually give funny search terms for the week, so I'm going to leave it at that!

What I'd like to know:
What's your favorite beach to go to, and what's your favorite thing about a beach vacation?

1 comment:

  1. my all time favorite beach would have to be Ipanema in Rio de Janeiro. There is nothing like the beaches in Brasil - the atmosphere, the people, the food, its all great!!

    ReplyDelete