Monday, July 11, 2011

Thankfulness Project Monday

Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.  
~William Arthur Ward

What a great quote, don't you think? This is partly what this Thankfulness Project is about- expressing gratitude for the things I've been blessed by in my life. Of course the other part is that there have been proven benefits to this practice both physically, mentally, and spiritually. 

Here are a few of the things I'm thankful for right now:

  • The Outdoors: Seriously- check out the picture on the link...isn't it BEAUTIFUL? I don't think I can tire of the beautiful aspects of nature. And, once you start looking for it, there are a lot more beautiful things then you originally realize. Why not spend time looking for something beautiful in nature that you hadn't noticed before?
  • Fun TV Shows: I have the TV on a lot as I cook dinner, do dishes, complete tasks for work, or blog, and because of that, I'm always looking for TV shows to have on in the background. I love looking at these characters (either scripted shows or "reality") through the view of psychology and counseling! Plus, a little laughter in life is always healthy!
  • Lightning Bugs: I think these little guys are so beautiful, and I'm so happy they are now out for the summer! Don't you think they make a summer evening even more beautiful and peaceful?
  • Blogs: I'm thankful for the hours of time you each put into your blogs. Thank you for sharing your own pieces of advice and wisdom, and welcoming us into a piece of your life. I find myself motivated towards a healthier life just by reading each of your blogs! The blogging community is wonderful, don't you agree?
  • Spinning: You can read my recap of my first spin class by clicking on the word "spinning". While I haven't been on a bike in a decade, i've recently started going to a spinning (cycling? does the term matter?) class on a regular basis. It's fantastic, and a great start to my morning!
Now it's your turn:
What are you thankful for today?
Is there a difference between a "spinning" class or a "cycling" class?

No comments:

Post a Comment