Friday, June 24, 2011

Fantastic Fridays (Life's Tiny Delights)

Because this post series is new, I'll post this again from last Friday: "Do you remember last week's post on my Life's Tiny Delights/ Fantastic Friday? If not, click on the link and check it out. I still haven't found a title that I like, so please be patient as I try to figure this out. If you have suggestions, I'd love to hear them! The link above will give some background to this little "holiday" on my blog, and trying to develop a practice of mindfulness in my life."


All caught up to speed now? Here's one of the tiny delights in my life right now:


RAIN (sorry no picture to go along with this post)!

Let the rain kiss you.  Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops.  Let the rain sing you a lullaby.  ~Langston Hughes

I think it's rained for almost the entire last week. I decided early on in the week, after looking at the forecast for the next few days, that I was going to delight in the rain. Normally I would grumble (ok- a few little grumbles have accidently snuck out throughout the week..I'm not perfect...) A LOT about the weather, but this week I tried to enjoy it and find the beauty and delight in it. Can I share a secret- I enjoyed the days much more focusing on the positives with it then when I was complaining! I guess this blog is forcing me to be a little more healthy too:) 

Here are some of the search terms people typed in that led them to my blog:
  • challenging cognitive distortions
  • changing cognitive distortions (I guess it was a big week for searching this term)
  • chobani does not affect lactose intolerance
  • misconceptions of grief
  • there are plenty of life's tiny delights (hey...isn't that what this post is all about? :D )
Looking at my stats, cognitive distortions, grief, and chobani seemed to be the hot items on my blog this week. 

Here's what I'd like to know from you:
What is one of your current tiny delights?
Do you like the rain, does it frustrate you, or a mix of both?
Any fun plans for the weekend? 

1 comment:

  1. I like the rain :)

    Tomorrow is my birthday, so I'm determined to celebrate by doing all of my favorite things & not be sad that none of my friends and family are here. :) Plans include yoga, farmer's market, chocolate!

    ReplyDelete