Sunday, June 5, 2011

Chicken Souvlaki Salad

I want to start by apologizing for my lack of posts since returning home. It's been hectic and I haven't quite adjusted back to the time, or caught up on my life yet. Hopefully more posts will be coming along soon! Because I'm on a huge mediterranean kick right now (Can you blame me? The food is DELICIOUS and HEALTHY!), I decided to share another favorite dish with you today (you can read my previous Mediterranean Recipe here): Chicken Souvlaki Salad!

Souvlaki, which is made of small pieces of grilled meat along with small pieces of vegetables, has been a popular dish in Greece since Ancient times. It's healthy, which is an added bonus! What I like about this dish is that it mixes the delicious flavor of souvlaki with the refreshing taste of the traditional Greek Salad- perfect for the summer months!

You'll need to click here for the recipe from cookinglight, but I'll share some pictures & the list of ingredients here with you!

So here's what you'll need:
Garlic
Lemon Juice
Olive Oil
Dried Oregano
Salt
Black Pepper
Chicken breast
Cucumber
Red Onion
Feta Cheese (this can easily be cut out if desired)
Olives
Tomatoes
Plain Greek Yogurt
White Wine Vinegar
Garlic Powder
Ground Red Pepper

This recipe was incredibly simple to make, and stores easily for leftovers!


The chicken out of the oven (these pictures were actually taken in the winter, so I broiled the meat instead of grilling it). This marinade is really good!

The finished product. These pictures were taken before I tried greek yogurt. Knowing that I can handle this type of yogurt with my lactose intolerance, I can now add that part of the recipe. You can still make the dressing without it, though. 

And this is from this afternoon! This is with feta cheese and the greek yogurt in the sauce. YUM!

Do you have a specific type of food that you like the most? What was your favorite part of the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment