Saturday, May 14, 2011

Tropical Oatmeal

If you've been a reader for very long, one thing you may have realized about me is that I LOVE oatmeal. It's delicious, healthy, and brightens my morning.
I even like to try some weird combinations, like this Peanut Butter & Jelly {with chocolate} Oatmeal!
Today is going to be a long day full of a lot of cleaning and organizing, so I knew I needed to start my day off in a healthy manner. Because it's spring, I'm starting to crave tropical weather. So, I decided to add a new twist to my oatmeal today.



I cooked the oatmeal to the texture I liked. 
Add a small amount of brown sugar
Add: Papaya & Mango Chunks
If I had them: I would've added pineapple or coconut flakes to the top. I'm not sure how it would have tasted. 

This mixture was amazing and delicious, and a perfect start to my Saturday morning!

Now I'm off to work on my cleaning to-do list for the day. It looks a little something like this:


What's on your schedule today? 

1 comment:

  1. You and me both! The curse of being a truckers daughter is oatmeal LOL. My dad gets up every morning at 4, makes a large bowel of oatmeal and adds all his toppings and eats on it all day long. 16 hours of oatmeal.

    I personally love mine with a little sugar and some fresh raspberry!

    Thanks you so much for stopping by! #commenthour

    ReplyDelete