Friday, May 6, 2011

FROYO: Life's Tiny Delights

Remember my post last month on Life's Tiny Delights? If you're too lazy to check the post out (hey- I don't blame you- It's FRIDAY!), I'll really quickly summarize: We get busy in life, and tend to look forward to the "big things" in life. All the while, we miss all the tiny joys in life. What if we took note of the little delights in life, became mindful of them, and took joy in these things as well.

After reading for the last few months about the frozen yogurt experiences of many blog writers, I finally had the chance to try it out for myself last weekend. Trust me, I thought of very little else the entire day leading up to the event:) The yogurt place I went to had at least 20 different flavors of yogurt and sorbet from which to choose. After filling my cup up with watermelon sorbet with a little cake batter on the side, I walked over to a long row of toppings, plus a salad bar like counter full of fresh cut up fruit. If I could eat this every day, I absolutely would.





Yup- that's fresh strawberries, pineapple, kiwi, and mango, along with brownies, cookie dough chunks, and coconut flakes. And of course topped with sprinkles. Because everything is better with sprinkles.
While the person I was with inhaled their froyo, I took my time, mindfully savoring every bite as a tiny delight in life. It was delicious.

1 comment: