Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Oven Roasted Broccoli

As I've said many times on this blog, I'm in no way a great cook, and I don't find cooking enjoyable! However, in an effort to try to increase my health & wellness in ALL areas of my life, I have tried to add healthier recipes (with a few fun ones thrown in!) to my weekly schedules.
Here are a few of the other things I've tried lately:


See, I'm really trying to stretch myself here! So, in reading some food blogs and magazines over the last few weeks, I've seen a few variations of recipes for Oven Roasted broccoli. I like broccoli quite a bit, but haven't bought a head of it in, I don't know, a year or two? So i ventured to the grocery store to get what I needed to try this new recipe. I LOVED it! besides eating them straight off the pan as it cooled, I ate it as a side with mashed potatoes, and it was delicious (and SO easy to make). I took the recipes I found on a number of sites and sort of thew my own thing together.

1. Cut the broccoli into small, bite sized pieces (with very little stalk on it!)
2. Mix in a bowl with 3ish tablespoons of olive oil, sea salt (i didn't measure how much I used), and garlic powder (again, I sort of just dumped it in there until it seemed about right)

3. Preheat oven to 400 and cook for around 20 minutes. 

Delicious!




2 comments:

  1. I LOVE roasted broccoli! Any kind of broccoli, actually.
    Have you ever tried roasted asparagus? Equally delicious; I posted about it on my blog today:

    ginkelsey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I have tried roasting it before. My children absolutely love broccoli! We tried kale chips last month and they liked those.

    ReplyDelete