Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The True Poetry of Life

This is the 2nd post in my week of quotes! Make sure to check out all the posts this week, and share your own favorite quote(s) as well!


Nothing will sustain you more potently than the power to recognize in your humdrum routine, as perhaps it may be thought, the true poetry of life.
-Sir William Osler

The humdrum routine. I think many times we get caught up in the countdowns to big and exciting events in life (a vacation, reunion with friends, or even the weekend). Now, there's nothing wrong with getting excited about an upcoming event, but if we focus solely on these events, and not the normal, daily routine, I think we miss the beauty. What stuck out to me in this quote is the "poetry of life". I think it's beautiful.

Where do you find the true poetry of life? Is there an upcoming event you are looking forward to?

No comments:

Post a Comment