"If you concentrate on finding whatever is good in every situation, you will discover that your life will suddenly be filled with gratitude, a feeling that nurtures the soul."
-Rabbi Harold Kushner
Awesome quote, isn't it? We so often focus on the negative in every situation that we can easily miss the good in the situations. I try to be intentional about trying to acknowledge the good, but sometimes it can be tough! That being said, here are a few of the good things I've noticed in different situations recently. I'm feeling thankful for:
- Good Quotes: I just finished quote week here on the blog, and I think I fell in love with quotes just a little bit more. They're Just. So. Good.
- Thought provoking books: I love a good book, and enjoy reading "for fun" books. However, books that make me think, provide information, or give me new ideas for my job are always winners in my book. I'm thankful for books!
- Clementines: I've been enjoying clementines for the last few months, but I don't think I've ever put it on a thankful list. This is unfortunate because I really love them and get excited when winter hits and they are back in season. Yummmmmm.
- Fresh Air: I live in an area where I don't breathe in constant pollution and smog, and it's never really something I stop to think about when I walk outside. However, I'm very thankful that I can walk outside and breathe in relatively clean air.
- My Little Lifesaver: Allergens have been much worse this winter then in previous winters (probably because we haven't gotten much in the way of a good freeze), and I've been battling with a lot of sinus migraines because of this. My little lifesaver has helped decrease the strength of my headaches, and has allowed me to keep functioning throughout the day. I love this thing!
And those are a few of the things that I'm feeling thankful for right now.
Now it's your turn!
What are you feeling thankful for today? How do you handle allergies (if you have them!)? What's one of your favorite books?