"As each day comes to us refreshed and anew, so does my gratitude renew itself daily. The breaking of the sun over the horizon is my grateful heart dawning upon a blessed world. "
Happy March! I can't believe how quickly the winter flew by, and am excited that spring is on the horizon (and that longer evenings of light start next weekend)! I chose the above quote today because I thought the image of the sun over the horizon being like the heart bursting forth with gratitude at the start of the day was beautiful. With that said, here are some of the things I'm thankful for this week:
- The chance to catch up on some sleep. This past week was a pretty busy one for me, and while I still got a decent amount of sleep, it wasn't quite as much as I needed. I'm thankful that the lighter schedule of the weekend allows for a few extra hours of sleep.
- Spring is on the horizon! I'm not a big fan of winter, so the fact that spring is coming quickly makes me very excited.
- Days full of sunshine. I know I've included this a few times in recent lists, but I have tried to not take a single moment of sunshine for granted throughout these winter months. We definitely had a few days of sunshine here this past week, and I'm thankful for that.
- funny pictures that have been pinned on pinterest. This is a pretty shallow thing to be thankful for, but having a good laugh over something is definitely something that I'm thankful for in my life.
- There are things we can do to support others through a breakup. I'm thankful that, while we don't have control of the other person or the ability to fix a broken heart, there are things we can do to help encourage and support (here's an example of things you can do to support).
Those are a few little things I'm thankful for on this monday morning.
Now it's your turn!
What're you feeling thankful for today? What's your favorite thing about the weekends?