Thursday, September 8, 2011

A New Twist On Green Beans

One of the great joys of summer is that we have access to fresh veggies from gardens or the farmer's market! My dad recently brought me a huge bag of food from the garden, and I've been using it every night. YUM! I haven't bought green beans for myself ever, and the only time since college I've eaten them is when I go to my parent's house. However, one of the things my dad brought over was a bunch of green beans, so I decided it was time to break the streak and whip myself up some delicious beans.

Ingredients:
Green Beans
Red Onion
Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
Sea Salt
Pepper (if desired)
Garlic Powder
Lime Juice

Here's What I did:

1. Break off the ends of the beans and wash thoroughly


2. Break beans in half and sauté in olive oil or coconut oil (I've done both and it works the same). This takes about 10 minutes on medium heat.


3. After beans are mostly cooked, I threw in a little red onion and cooked for about 2 minutes.


3. After I put it on my plate, I put a little salt, pepper, and garlic on it, and drizzled lime juice over the top.

OH MY! This was by far the greatest tasting beans I have ever tasted in my entire life. It's incredibly easy to do, and adds a little excitement and zest to traditional green beans which still being healthy. I've made this 4 times already, and it keeps getting better each time!

Remember that eating veggies doesn't have to be a boring experience. This little twist took very little time, but made it a lot more enjoyable to eat! 

Now it's your turn!
Are you a fan of green beans, or would you rather eat another veggie instead? 



No comments:

Post a Comment