Friday, September 9, 2011

Fantastic Fridays (Life's Tiny Delights)

How glorious a greeting the sun gives the mountains!  ~John Muir

Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.  Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.  The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.  ~John Muir

Every week as I get ready to post my "Life's Tiny Delights" post, I think about the ways that I've tried to develop mindfulness for the week. This week I had a lot on my mind, and it was incredibly difficult to stay in the present moment for more then a few minutes at a time. This week was challenging, but was also a good experience in forcing the practice of mindfulness. 

The thing I delighted in throughout the week? Mountains!



This brings happiness and relaxation to me immediately just looking at these pictures. Seriously- how beautiful are they? I so wish that I could spend every day looking at them, camping, and hiking in them. However, my life right now doesn't allow for that, so instead I develop thankfulness at the moments I do spend in them. 

This week was big on search hits on my blog. Here are a few of them:
  • car accident mistaken identity
  • binocular trick cognitive distortion
  • ecuador women (this search term brings in a few people every week. Why are so many people searching this?)
  • give someone else the reigns
  • counselor wise words
  • sense of control
Now it's your turn?
Do you have any fun plans for the weekend? Have you hiked a mountain? If so, which one(s)?

No comments:

Post a Comment