Saturday, January 8, 2011

Don't think of today's failures, but of the successes of tomorrow.

Be of good cheer. Do not think of today's failures, but of the
success that may come tomorrow. You have set yourselves a difficult
task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will find a joy
in overcoming obstacles.
-- Helen Keller

I kept this quote on the inside of my planner in grad school, and saw it daily as I completed assignments, wrote papers, and began seeing clients. I love it:)
In yesterday's post on affirmations & positive self talk I talked briefly about how we harm ourselves by the negative things we repeat to ourselves on a frequent basis. So often we repeat to ourselves the failures in our past that we cannot experience success in the future. Everyone falls, but success and beauty comes from continuing to keep your eyes forward and pushing onward to the future. 

In other news, I will not be on any form social media for a week. We'll see if I can last that long:)

No comments:

Post a Comment