Monday, August 8, 2011

Thankfulness Project Monday

"If a fellow isn't thankful for what he's got, he isn't likely to be thankful for what he's going to get."  ~Frank A. Clark


Here are a few of the things I'm thankful for right now:
  • Pictures: Pictures help me remember those incredible moments of my life, and when I see them hanging up around me, I remember to be thankful for all that happened in those moments. I love looking at the picture above, from a recent trip. I'm filled with so much gratitude and joy when I look at it. 
  • A Clean House: I love knowing that I'm going to come home to a clean, organized house. Chaos in my house can lead to me feeling stressed and unorganized in the rest of my life. Right now my house is very clean and very organized, and it makes me smile when I look at it...
  • Fireflies: Ok, it's almost cheating to choose a "little delight" from friday and use it again on Monday. but, it's true. Those little guys have brought me a lot of smiles this summer, and I'm thankful that they were created!
  • Friends: This week I've gotten to see a few people I haven't seen in a long time, and it has been wonderful to catch up and spend time together! I feel sad that I can't gather everyone I care about in the same city so I can be close to them always!
  • Shark Week! haha...ok. This one is a little bit pathetic, but it's true. This past week was shark week and I enjoyed watching it quite a bit. I look forward to this week every year, and it's just all around fun. But it makes me feel just a little bit nervous about getting in the ocean...
Now it's your turn!
What are you feeling thankful for today?


2 comments:

  1. Today I am thankful...
    ...that my family made it back from Baltimore safely.
    ...that i went out for a run last night.
    ...that my race went off without a hitch on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! These all sound like fantastic things! Safety and healthy choices are HUGE things to be thankful for in life:)

    ReplyDelete