Friday, July 29, 2011

Fantastic Fridays (Life's Tiny Delights)

Happy Friday! I love Friday, because not only does it signal the end of another work week and the beginning of the weekend, but it also means another Life's Tiny Delights post! If you're new to my blog and want a little background info, you can click here. Without anymore hesitation, here's a tiny delight from my week:



Sorry for the lousy phone pictures. I was that creeper who got a massage, and as soon as the massage therapist left the room, I took a few pictures. My tiny delight for the week was a massage! If I could, I would get a massage once a week, but that would get pricey. Massages tend to force the practice of mindfulness, as you quiet your thoughts and focus very much on the present moment. I felt so relaxed and flexible after the massage, and I'm fairly certain I could've fallen asleep on the table if I had let myself. 

And of course, I couldn't end the post without a few search terms that brought people to my blog this week:
  • Cognitive Distortions
  • Black & White Thinking
  • Chobani (lots of variations on chobani, health foods, Greece, and lactose intolerance)
  • Mediterranean Pizza Recipe (This is consistently getting multiple hits a week now, which I'm pretty surprised about)
  • Being a Fellow Traveler
The first 3 brought in a number of hits with different variations on key words. There wasn't anything funny this week though. Sorry about that!

Here's what I'd like to know:
Have you ever gotten a massage before? Do you like it, or feel like it's weird for a strange to rub your body?
What's the funniest search term someone has found your blog through?


1 comment:

  1. Massages - yes. On a very regular basis. It is what keeps me going. It is what keeps me working.

    I have recently ended my membership to M.assage Envy and started seeing someone who works out of her home. Somehow another FB friend 'liked her page' and I liked it, too. Not realizing it. Then one day, I decided to call and give her a try. Then...I mentioned it to my therapist who knew that about 2 yrs ago when I had my frist massage it was very helpful for my anxiety. When she asked where I was going she laughed. She is also a client of this gal. She knew that the massage therapist could be rather intense and works more from the mind/body connection AND more on past trauma and abuse. My therapist worried it might be 'to much' in the realm of triggers.

    It has been wonderful. I try hard to schedule appts w/both ladies on the same day back to back. Because what I've found is the more that I see this new massage therapist the more it brings some past trauma to the surface.

    ReplyDelete