Friday, July 22, 2011

Fantastic Fridays (Life's Tiny Delights)

Happy Friday! Because I was at the beach last Friday, my post was just a little different, and you can read it here.

"Sunsets are so beautiful that they almost seem as if we were looking through the gates of Heaven."
-John Lubbock



I got to see this beautiful sunset every single night while at the beach! Beautiful and breathtaking! I was definitely not experiencing any Nature Deficit Disorder this week! The sunset was actually a really great time to develop the practice of mindfulness, as the entire "sunset time" lasted for about an hour or so. In that hour, I tried to think of nothing that was going on except the very present moment I was living in, and it was really pretty easy to do. I feel like the sunset sort of envelops you into it, which makes it easier to focus only on that. It was beautiful... 

And of course, here are some search terms for the week:
  • mediterranean pizza recipe (this gets at least a couple hits a week now)
  • Can you wear contacts while flying (this has gotten at least one hit a week since I posted it...I definitely never expected the post to bring in much traffic after I hit "publish post")
  • Challenging Cognitive Distortions
  • Greek Yogurt Found in Greece (This is one of my favorite "fun" posts!)
  • Therapist Burnout and Boundaries (VERY important!)
  • Shoved on a plane (my post from yesterday!)
  • loveinvest 2011 (not sure what this is about...)
  • What Your Counselor Is Thinking
Ok, so no funny search terms for the week- except maybe the last one made me smile a bit. I actually haven't done a post called "What your counselor is thinking" but now I'm starting to think it would be interesting to write a post on that! What do you think?

Here's what I'd like to know:
Do you have any fun plans for the weekend?
Where have you seen your favorite sunset?
Have you ever wondered what your counselor is thinking?


4 comments:

  1. Awww...I love...love....love...love your sunset pictures!! So peaceful.

    You know...I also love your blog. I'm a rather 'new' lurker.

    The questions that you 'want to know'...

    I will be working on Saturday. On Sunday, my cousin from Florida will be coming to visit for 2 days. I have to work on Monday (split shift) and I have a d.bt class on Monday night that I will probably miss...so I can spend time with my cousin and her family. :-)

    Fav. Sunset - IDK...can't really say.

    Have I ever wondered what my counselor was thinking? Oh heaven yes I have!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh...I didn't mean to post a blank comment.

    Anyway, I've been thinking about this post a bit more. The questions presented.

    I would have to say my favorite sunset was about 18 months ago while we were in Orlando at Give Kids the World/Disney World for our foster daughter's Make-A-Wish trip.

    As we sat at GKTW and watched the kids swim and play in their lovely pool the sunset over the water. The kids played care-free. No seizures. No issues. Care-free. It was more than the sunset. But about being together as a family. Our family. Her mother and sister. Our family. All together enjoying our kids and taking in the light and love that GKTW had to offer our families.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you commented- it's great to "meet" you! Have a great time with your cousin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have just stumbled upon your blog. Super fun!!

    I have always wondered what counselors think!! Please do a post!! It would be fun!!

    ReplyDelete