Friday, March 23, 2012

Great & Noble Tasks

It's the end of Quote Week:( I enjoy passing along quotes, and hope that something from this week has stuck out to you, and you've found a quote that is helpful to you. Here's the last quote for this week:

"I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble."
-Helen Keller 

Helen Keller has a number of fantastic quotes that I enjoy. This one in particular stood out to me, because I know that most people at some point in life (including myself) has felt frustrated that I'm not doing anything that I feel is big or noble. I feel like I'm doing very normal, small tasks that won't make a difference in the grand scheme of things. We cook meals, do laundry, mow the lawn, check off to do lists at work, or drive our kids around. We accomplish many little tasks that we don't enjoy doing, or feel that the tasks we do waste our time. It's easy to feel beaten down and frustrated when we feel trapped in the small tasks.

I like how Helen Keller looks at those little tasks. I'm wondering how our lives would e different if we viewed the little things we had to do in life as if they were great and noble? How would we start to do engage in those tasks? Would we feel more joyful and content in life? It's an interesting thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment