Monday, December 12, 2011

Thankfulness Project Monday

We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.  ~Cynthia Ozick


Isn't the above quote so very often true? We can often remember to be grateful for the big things in life, such as a vacation, new car, or something we've long awaited for. However, sometimes we forget to be just as grateful for the little things in life. Besides, don't the little things often become the big things in life?


With this in mind, here are a few of the "little things" that I'm grateful for right now:
  • Christmas movies: OK, I know that I put this on my list last week too, but I'm using it again because I'm equally as thankful for them this week. I've watched a Christmas movie a night this week, and I've loved that! Some of them have been busts (A Princess for Christmas, anyone?), and some of them have been great (Miracle on 34th Street, Christmas Vacation, Elf, Love Actually, The Holiday, & Christmas in Connecticut, to name a few). It's such a relaxing way to end the day. 
  • My Space Heater & Blankets: These things keep me WARM and cozy in the winter. I don't like turning my heat on too high because I think it's a waste of money, so it usually hovers between 64 and 66 degrees, but sometimes lower. The space heater warms up the room I'm in, and is much cheaper. Of course blankets are a HUGE help as well! Cozy and cheap- that's the way I like it. 
  • Luna Bars: Easy and convenient, these guys are a great way to boost my energy towards the end of the work day, and before my evening work outs. They are delicious, unlike many protein bars I've tried, and are easy to throw into any bag I choose to take with me. 
  • Lotion for the winter: I use much thicker cream lotion for the winter, and I'm so glad they invented this stuff! My face and body gets SO dry and uncomfortable in the winter, and I would feel pretty miserable without this stuff. It's a little thing that is easy to pass up when thinking about "gratefuls" for the day, but I'm very glad that I have found something that makes the winter a little more comfortable.
  • Scarves: They're a fun accessory, but can also have a very practical use in the winter as well. I love adding a scarf to my outfit for the day:)
Now it's your turn:
What are you feeling thankful for right now? What's your favorite Christmas movie or favorite way to get in extra protein in the day?

No comments:

Post a Comment