Saturday, December 17, 2011

Peppermint Cookies Recipe

A few weeks ago, I saw this recipe for Peppermint Cookies and just KNEW that I had to try them out. Heather has some fantastic recipes that are absolutely delicious, and the pictures she included looked great. You'll have to head over her site to get the actual recipe, but I thought I'd share a little snippet of my attempt at her recipe.

Ingredients
Butter
Sugar
All Purpose Flour
Baking Powder
Almond Milk
Vanilla
Peppermint Extract
Crushed Peppermint Candies or Candy Canes

According to Heather, the dough was supposed to be crumbly and be fashioned into a log and refrigerated. I went over the recipe multiple times, but it was not crumbly, and didn't get solid while refrigerating it (I wish I knew what went wrong!) I clumped it into balls instead, so they aren't shaped nearly as well as Heather's turned out to be. I also ended up cooking it for almost double the length of time that she suggested, and I'm guessing that's because of the different consistency of the dough.

Despite it not turning out exactly like Heather's cookies did, they were still DELICIOUS and well worth the amount of time it took to make them.

Crushed up candy canes. I put them in a plastic bag and smashed them with a meat pounder. 

See? Not at all the consistency they were supposed to be...

But all turned out well because they were DELICIOUS! 

Ok, so they don't look nearly as appetizing as they did with the original recipe, so make sure to check it out. But trust me, these little guys are worth your time to make. I'm planning on making them again soon:)

Now it's your turn!
What's your favorite Christmas cookie to make? Feel free to share your link below! 

2 comments:

  1. I hate when a recipe inexplicably comes out weird!

    My mom, sister, and I are doing our big holiday cookie baking session tomorrow. We always make cutout sugar cookies and Russian Tea Cakes, but this year we're also trying Iowa Girl Eats' chocolate crinkle cookies-I'm excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I really wish I could explain it! I made 2 more types of cookies today, and will do a few more tomorrow. I'd love to see some pictures of the cookies:) Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete