Friday, April 15, 2011

Life's Tiny Delights


"I have never been a millionaire, but I have enjoyed a great meal, a crackling fire, a glorious sunset, a walk with a friend, a hug from a child, a cup of soup, a kiss behind the ear. There are plenty of life's tiny delights for all of us."
-- Jack Anthony

Now, I think many of us would agree that we are in better moods on Fridays and Saturdays then most days of the week. So, perhaps, this post may be ill timed, and would be better posted sometime in the middle of next week. So, how about you just remember this quote, and remind yourself of it on Wednesday:) Sometimes we got so focused on the big things in life, whether they be the positive or the negative, that we forget to focus on the little things that we are given. What if we were to focus on each of these as well? How might your life be different? Would you be a healthier individual?  
(hmm... this is reminding me a little of the Thankfulness Project ).
In that vain, here's a picture I snapped a little while ago of a delicious french pastry I bought. It was delicious, and I slowly and mindfully savored every bite.

What are some of life's tiny delights? How can you grow your mindfulness of these things in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment