Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Tasty New Recipe (& healthy too)!

Anyone who knows me well knows that I am not a cook. I once went through a loaf and a half of bread before I made a grilled cheese sandwich that wasn't ruined. I would love to be a great cook, but I'm not. When it comes to food, the more straight forward recipes are, the more likely I will to actually make it.
Because I was recently in Ecuador, I have been craving rice and beans quite a bit. Therefore, this "recipe" (I hesitant to even call this a recipe!) met my criteria for cooking.

First I lined up all the ingredients...
1. Sweet Corn
2. 1 can of Black Beans
3. Frozen spinach
4. Jasmine Rice (I used my rice cooker for the first time and it turned out really well) -i used about 4/5 cup of dry rice


After cooking all the ingredients, I threw them in a bowl together, and threw a little red cayenne pepper on top for extra health and flavor...and....Viola:
Ok, so these photos were taken on my phone, and I can guarantee that it tasted better then it looked. But, it was cheap, easy to make, and delicious. The above ingredients made enough for 4 decent sized portions of food, and the flavor got even better after the first meal!

I didn't have much free time tonight, so this is as much as you're going to get tonight. Information on Cognitive Distortions and how to change them will be coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment