Last night I went to the grocery store, and waited in line for an hour to check out. Apparently everyone was preparing at the last minute, but this led to very little food left that didn't need to be refrigerated.
A few helpful hints for staying safe in winter storms:
1. If your power goes off, open kitchen cabinets to help keep pipes warm
2. Have a supply of batteries & candles
3. Always keep a supply of non-refrigerated foods in your house, in case you get snowed in for a few days
4. If officials make an announcement that travel is for emergencies only- YOU ARE NOT THE EXCEPTION and you put the lives of others at risk if you go out. So don't
5. Avoid downed power lines
6. Fill pitchers, bottles, and buckets with fresh water
7. If you drive somewhere, have a shovel, blankets, hat, boots, and gloves in your car
And a few pictures from the beginning of the storm:
My Car this morning
This took a long time to scrape off
Sleet is flying through the screens on my window and landing next to the glass
At least I have lactose free hot chocolate to drink!
Not a single banana left at the grocery store
Hardly any bread either...
Ok. I don't own this picture, but I found it today and thought it was too funny to pass up sharing!
Does anyone else have pictures or storm stories to share?